The Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device crime in the state of Texas makes it illegal to sell or lease a device (or kit for a device) used to gain unauthorized access to a cable network or other information services provider. Learn more detailed information about the Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device offense below.
SALE OR LEASE OF MULTICHANNEL VIDEO OR INFORMATION SERVICES DEVICE ATTORNEY FAQs
Have you been charged with Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device? Call criminal lawyer Paul Saputo at (888) 239-9305 to discuss legal representation.
Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device is classified in the Texas Penal Code under Title 7 “Offenses Against Property,” Chapter 31 “Theft.”
What is the current Texas law about Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device?
The current Texas law is as follows:1
(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly sells or leases, with an intent to aid in the commission of an offense under Section 31.12, a device, a kit or part for a device, or a plan for a system of components wholly or partly designed to make intelligible an encrypted, encoded, scrambled, or other nonstandard signal carried or caused by a multichannel video or information services provider.
You can be charged with Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device if the state’s attorneys believe that each of the elements of 31.14(a) as described in the section above have been met.
A conviction for Sale or Lease of Multichannel Video or Information Services Device is punished as a Class A misdemeanor,2 with a maximum possible fine under Texas state law of up to $4,000 and jail time of up to one year. Learn about the differences between grades of felonies and misdemeanors
Recent Case Results
- 2019 Not Guilty in Collin County DWI >0.15
- 2019 Not Guilty in Dallas County Indecency with a Child
- Oral Argument at the United States Federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Prosecutorial Misconduct Claim arising out of Northern District of Texas
- 2018 Not Guilty in Martin County Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon on a Peace Officer
- Not Guilty in 2018 Dallas County DWI Trial
- Client cleared in Dallas Police Shooting wrongful accusation
- Federal sentencing results in 10 Year Downward Deviation from Sentencing Guidelines in 2018
- Not Guilty Jury Verdict for client originally accused of Intoxication Manslaughter
- Case Dismissed after picking jury in Aggravated Sexual Assault of Child case in 2017
- United States Attorney dismisses case against client charged in El Paso Federal Court with Possession of Child Pornography
- ALL CHARGES DISMISSED against our client in the Twin Peaks Waco Biker case
- Client “No-billed” by grand jury investigating shooting death case
- Coverage of Case Involving Waco teacher sending messages to student
- Judge returns a Directed Verdict of Acquittal in case involving trainer of professional athletes
- Rare Not Guilty verdict in Rockwall County DWI
- 2016 Dismissal of Fort Worth Federal Possession of Obscene Visual Representation of the Sexual Abuse of Children
- Hill County Money Laundering case Dismissed and civil asset forfeiture assets returned
- Coverage of teen Lewisville client charged with hit-and-run death
- Two Montague County Indecency with a Child cases Dismissed